We often work with educational institutions in Florida to help them improve air quality and keep HVAC systems up to date. Here’s why air quality matters in schools – now more than ever.
Benefits of proper ventilation
Indoor air quality has three key elements:
- Bringing in fresh air.
- Maintaining a safe temperature and humidity level.
- Removing pollutants, including viruses.
When the air quality is good, people can concentrate more and work better. The fresh air and correct temperature help them to feel awake, active and energetic. Removing pollutants helps to protect everyone from disease.
Air quality matters even more in educational settings. Why? Because children and young people can often be more vulnerable to pollution or disease than adults.
And because schools are busy, crowded places, there’s more risk of spreading disease. Just think of how quickly a cold can spread through a classroom! Ventilation and air filtration systems can help to reduce that risk.
Staying safe during covid-19
We always recommend that schools maintain their air quality through regular HVAC maintenance and temperature control. And while the coronavirus pandemic continues, air quality is more important than ever.
The CDC has detailed advice for improving air quality in educational institutions. Here are some of their top tips:
- Spend as much time outdoors as possible.
- Set HVAC systems to bring in as much outside air as possible, and focus airflow on the busiest areas of the building.
- Use exhaust fans in restrooms and kitchens.
- Use filtration, UV or ionization systems wherever possible to keep the air clean.
We can help with maintenance, energy efficiency, and improving air quality in any educational or commercial building. Contact us today!